Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Why I started this blog

I can remember when I first became a wrestling fan. I was about 4 or 5, staying up late watching my first Saturday Nights Main Event. Now don't get me wrong, I was a Hulkamaniac, a Warrior, a fan of Jake the Snake, Andre the Giant, and Macho Man just to name a few. But what I remember most, what really drew me to "sport" was the tag team element. The first match I remember watching was a best 2 out of 3 falls contest between teh Heart Foundation and the British Bulldogs, in which the Bulldogs won the match but not the titles due to it ending in a DQ (something that was very hard for a little boy to understand) but I loved it anyhow!

The problem is now a days tag team wrestling is all but dead. It has been reduced to having two competitors whom in any other circumstance would be jobbers holding the title. Its both ridiculous and sad. I rarely watch wrestling anymore, and this is a big part of it. I'm hopeful that someday the tag division will return, but I fear that it may have seen its best days.

Thus I have created this blog in order to help save the memory of tag team wrestling. I will be posting different blogs on various subjects such as best tag team of all time, most under utilized or jobbed tag team, and best way to save the division, just to name a few. I hope you enjoy, and look forward to your feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment